So before being able to join the front triangle together fully I needed to tackle the internal cable routings.
The main reasons for running the cables inside the top tube is that it will make fitting a frame bag easier and look cool!!
I did a lot of research into internal cable routings on the Internet and to be honest I didn't find out a great deal!
As such it looked as though a bit of experimentation was going to be the order of the day.
The first challenge was to bend the internal brass tubing at each end in order for it to exit the tube - this seemed straight forward enough - however the first attempt turned into an experiment into discovering the melting point of brass - it is low!!
The next try went much better so I thought I would take it to the next level and have a go at brazing on one of the cable exit shrouds - this resulted in the internal brass tubing melting!! This was becoming frustrating.
After a bit more of a play it looks as thought I was holding the heat on the tube for too long - by waving the heat in and out to locally heat the section being joined it meant the whole assembly didn't get as hot and only the bits I wanted to melt, melted.
|Top Tube in Position With Guide Tubing Showing|
|The First Brazed Routing - 2 hours!!!|
Next I need to braze the other three internal cable routings and shape the rear seat and chainstays.....